The Equality Utah Foundation, an IRS 501 c (3) organization, educates the LGBTQ community and the public-at-large about issues impacting the LGBTQ community and our allies, trains them to respond and to work proactively for LGBTQ equality. Equality Utah Foundation organizes advocacy trainings, forums and topical briefings in partnership with individuals and other statewide organizations.
After historic wins in both marriage and statewide nondiscrimination, Utah's LGBTQ community looks forward to a bright future. Though we have made significant gains in achieving legal equality, we still have work left to accomplish. Equality Utah continues to advocate for policies that provide legal parity for LGBTQ Utahns in all areas governed by civil law.
Accordingly, we support:
1. A revised hate crimes statute that will protect all Utahns regardless of race, religion, nation of origin, ability, sexual orientation and gender identity
2. A plan to end the harmful practice of conversion therapy
3. Work to improve access to insurance coverage for transgender-related care
4. Inclusion within the state's existing public accommodation laws
5. Gender-neutral designations for single-occupancy bathroom stalls
6. Removal of LGBTQ speech restrictions for Utah educators
7. Preventing harassment and discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity and expression in Utah's public schools and in foster care and juvenile detention settings
8. Juvenile justice reform policies that protect LGBTQ minors in state custody
Updates and Donors' Comments