Share Some Love with LGBT Seniors!
Every day Openhouse helps LGBT seniors stay healthy, create community, find housing, and, above all, age with dignity and pride. We are the only organization in San Francisco focused exclusively on meeting the needs of LGBT older adults. Openhouse provides...
- A one-stop portal for finding and accessing vital services
- Ongoing health and wellness workshops and classes
- Friendly Visitors for home-bound elders
- Housing support and assistance
- Case management and information services
- Classes, workshops, community events, outings and more to help seniors stay engaged and thrive
Openhouse is nationally recognized as a leader in serving and advocating for the growing population of LGBT older adults and seniors.
You can make a difference too!
Your $10, $25 or $50 contribution will help...
- Provide supplies for our Saturday art class
- Ensure a healthy meal for the Rainbow Lunch group
- Support an outing to a museum or film screening
- Host the annual LGBT Elder/Youth Brunch
- Train a volunteer to be a Friendly Visitor
It’s a day to stand up and show your pride... a day to say “Thank You!” to the generation of pioneers who opened the closet doors for us all. And there’s no better way to do it than by making a donation to Openhouse.
"I was turning 60 and wanted to embrace getting older in a healthy way. So I zeroed in on Openhouse as a good place to kick-start the rest of my life, a great help for aging in a positive way. The memoir group and Yiddish class give me goals and structure, and something to share with others. Aging as a gay man is kind of tricky. Openhouse is a place for being older and gay that’s constructive and forward looking. If you want a community that embraces getting older and that’s affirming, that’s Openhouse." - Luis