Homeless youth know best what they need; all homeless youth have gifts and talents; and entrusting power to youth restores their dignity and can have a transformative effect in their lives.
Shelter and support services at PSKS prioritize human safety, health and security for Seattle area homeless youth and young adults. Over 40% of our homeless youth identify as LGBTQ. We offer education, employment and housing support to help participants get back on their feet and become engaged, self sufficient members of the community.
PSKS supports homeless and at-risk youth and young adults to become empowered to lead positive and self-sufficient lives.
PSKS was founded on the belief that the youth themselves hold the solutions to ending homelessness. By involving youth in all aspects of the agency, solutions and programs are created that actually work for them.
PSKS provides support through:
- Basic needs resources including food, clothing, laundry, showers, computer access
- Year round shelter providing 20 beds per night, 365 nights per year
- One-on-one support for housing, mental health and chemical dependency referral
- Job skills training through paid internships and employment assistance
- Peer to peer housing support for youth to thrive in their new homes
- Advocacy on homeless issues from the youth perspective