allgo celebrates and nurtures vibrant queer people of color communities in Texas and beyond. We do this through cultural arts, wellness, and social justice programming by: supporting artists and artistic expression within our diverse communities; promoting health within a wellness model; and mobilizing and building coalitions among groups marginalized by race/ethnicity, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation/sexual identity in order to enact change.
- In recognition of our shared humanity, allgo conducts our work within an anti-oppression framework that embraces core values of kindness, compassion, love, and respect.
- We value a positive, health-promoting work culture that is characterized by respect, consensus, and mutual accountability.
- We value the arts as a vital component of self-expression, health and wellness, and community development.
- We acknowledge the diversity of human experience and strive to build progressive coalitions across the spectrum of class, gender, age, ability and cultural/ethnic/sexual/gender/sexuality identities and expressions.
- We value working in a community context. Our work is informed by the needs of the community to which we are accountable.
- We value the protection and nurturance of our planet and accept responsibility for stewardship of resources for generations to come.
- We value a holistic approach to health and wellness and seek to provide safe spaces for community members to educate and empower themselves around health and wellness issues.
- We value the cultivation of a sex-positive society.
- We value the development of a critical consciousness among all members of society and full-empowerment of individuals for their full participation in society.
- We value the mobilization of coalitions and empowerment of communities to work together for justice and equity.