Amor Para Todos (APT) is a community-led organization whose mission is to join with schools and communities in an innovative, intersectional approach to cultivate more gender and LGBTQIA+ affirming environments for our youth. We believe our work will be the early intervention that can serve as a catalyst to change systematic invisibility for LGBTQIA+ youth.
When people can be their true authentic selves in a safe and respectful environment, we will see reduced mental health disparities, improved wellness, and strengthened social connections.
In Spanish, "Amor Para Todos" means "Love for All." Our vision is that all students, regardless of gender and sexual orientation, feel safe and comfortable at school and in their communities to be their true authentic selves and express themselves freely and that they are supported and treated with respect by peers, administrators, teachers, staff, and community members.
APT hopes to lead this important movement to educate, protect, and support the LGBTQIA+ student youth population through our two main projects: the Saving Lives Now Project (SLNP) and the Rainbow Awareness Project (RAP).
SLNP will accomplish the following objectives:
1. Increase Gender/LGBTQIA+ inclusive/anti-bias knowledge and skills among school staff, community leaders, and parents/caregivers through professional development trainings, workshops, and individualized consultation sessions;
2. Create a more positive school culture by fostering the development of APT student clubs through both outreach to schools as well as consultation and sharing of resources with interested parties;
3. Support all-gender restroom signage for single-stall restrooms in schools and communities that are in alignment with California Assembly Bill 1732 by reaching out to school districts to provide assistance in updating their out-of-compliance signage and providing education in effectively utilizing the signage;
4. Assist in implementation of school district adoption of a gender inclusive Family Life/Sex Ed curriculum in compliance with the California Healthy Youth Act (CHYA), which requires school board approval for adoption and parent permission for student participation; and
5. Facilitate school and district adoption of a general TK-6th grade gender/LGBTQIA+ inclusive curriculum to meet California Education Code and Fair Act standards, which needs school board approval to adopt as an entire school district, though it can be immediately incorporated into the curriculum.
The impact of the Rainbow Awareness Project (RAP) will be increased awareness and representation of the LGBTQIA+ community. The RAP will include campaigns and events designed to bring people together across genders, ages, racial/ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds using art, literature, and life-affirming imagery, such as:
1. Hosting an annual book reading of Jazz and Friends;
2. Communal art activities such as the creation of rainbow crosswalks near schools, retirement communities, and other public spaces; and
3. Pride flag Raise to Save! Campaign and APT merchandise and apparel distributions.
By donating you will help sustain APT and will directly be a part of saving lives by supporting our projects. Our Goal is to raise $32,000.
With gratitude, we thank you for your consideration. Con mucho amor (with a lot of love):)
APT Twitter: @AmorParaTodosLV
APT FB page: https://www.facebook.com/amorparatodosapt/
Tik Tok: amorparatodosapt
APT website: https://aptamorparatodos.weebly.com
APT email: email@example.com
APT all gender restroom email: firstname.lastname@example.org