Affirmations provides a welcoming space where people of all sexual orientations, gender identities & expressions, and cultures can find support and unconditional acceptance, and where they can learn, grow, socialize and have fun.
We do this through programs in several areas:
- Advocacy - We promote civic engagement and advocacy initiatives that support equality and social justice for all people.
- Culture & Society - We provide a welcoming and safe space for LGBTQ and allies to gather and socialize around common interest.
- Growth & Development - We provide support for growth and development for LGBTQ youth, older adults and families.
- Health & Wellness - HIV and STD testing; on-site mental health counseling services; a wellness referral network; a toll-free helpline. We ensure our community members have the resources they need to live healthy lives!
- Recreation & Fitness - Our offerings change with the needs of the community, and have included sports and games to ballroom dancing and movement classes and more!
- Youth programs - Looking for other LGBTQ Youth? Try YEP Night! Meet new people and have fun without even trying. YEP night is a drop-in space for all youth between the ages of 13-20.
- Bayard Rustin Media Center - We have a library that contains over 6,000 LGBT-themed books, and a free cyber center with 15 state-of-the-art computers available for you to use.
- Pittmann-Puckett Gallery - This art gallery belongs to the community! With exhibits by LGBT and allied artists that change every couple of months, this is a great place to hang out and take it all in!