Since 1985, donors and volunteers have helped award over 50 million to support critical organizations, innovative projects, students, and leaders—addressing existing and emerging community needs in urban, rural, and remote communities throughout the Northwest—creating the largest LGBTQ community foundation in North America.
Through scholarships, grants, advocacy and community leadership, Pride Foundation donors and volunteers are helping us to transform our communities and culture. Our work ripples through communities, inspiring equality at every point along the way.
Pride Foundation inspires giving to expand opportunities and advance full equality for LGBTQ people across the Northwest.
We envision a world in which all LGBTQ youth, adults, and families enjoy the freedom to live safely, openly, and genuinely.
Our work is grounded in social justice philanthropy. We are committed to:
- Harnessing our fundraising, grantmaking, program, and advocacy efforts to address root causes of discrimination impacting the LGBTQ community;
- Supporting community leaders and organizations that work to eliminate long-standing barriers to equal access, opportunities, and resources for LGBTQ people; and
- Expanding and deepening the level of engagement among all LGBTQ people and allies, including people who are economically, racially, socially, geographically, or politically disenfranchised.
We are guided by these values:
- Courage – We understand that social change requires us stand up for our beliefs, even in the face of adversity.
- Hope – We believe that transformation is always possible given the right mix of resources, trust, good strategy, and community organizing.
- Perseverance – We understand that advancing equality is complex, time-consuming, and not always linear.
- Innovation – We believe that new ideas, space for creativity, and risk-taking can lead to positive change.
- Collaboration – We believe that meaningful partnerships are essential to creating a world where we can all live to our fullest potential.
- Inclusivity – We strive for participation at all levels, embrace our differences, and challenge ourselves to end prejudice and oppression.
- Transparency – We are committed to being open, accurate, and timely with our financial reports and responses to requests for information.